R A R E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protection Paladin

4 posters

Go down

Protection Paladin Empty Protection Paladin

Post  Gìlgamesh Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:25 am

Character name: Gìlgamesh (ì is made with <alt> 141)
Class: Paladin
Race: Human
Spec (Please explain any unusual choices): Protection
Character armoury link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=G%C3%AClgamesh
Character rating link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/ (type my name in search bar)
Attunements: Pre-TBC: UBRS, OL, MC, BW, Naxxramas. TBC: Karazhan, SSC, TK (respectivily these attunements were achieved before the attunement removal patch)

Your Age: 22, birthdate: 21 January 1987.

What do you enjoy doing the most in World of Warcraft? - When playing World of Warcraft you are dealing with real people. If you have or make friends that will be a source of enjoyment at least for me. Put that aside, I'm a big lore fan and played all Warcraft games. So I get my eyecandy in such way.

Any extra notes regarding your character? - At this current time I don't, I do have an extra note about myself the person in real life. I have Asperger Syndrome - High Functional Autism Disorder. So you might sometimes think I sound arrogant whilst I'm not trying to be. Read up more on it on --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome. Having this also have advantages, photographic memory, high IQ etc.

Why do you wish to join this community? - On my old server I was in a high end raiding guild, however, there were two things that would stand out everytime. Guildleaders and officers violating their own ruleset and then ignoring and even threaten to kick members if they would open a discussion and the fact they tried to motivate players by calling them inappropriate swear words. Mind everyone, I don't have to tell there are people amongst the server that can feel hurt by foul words. I believe in respect, dignity and empathy.

Do you have any friends in this community? - None yet, try me!

Have you been in any previous raiding communities/guilds on this server? - Yes, Redemption.

What is your previous raiding experience? What were your previous raiding guilds, if any, and why did you leave? - Pre-TBC I have successfully led OL, MC, ZG raids on PuG basis. I have cleared with <Steel Rats> MC, OL, ZG, AQ20. Blackwing Lair we got up to Nefarian and in Naxxramas up to the Four Horsemen. TBC Content with the raiding community New Dawn: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon - those 3 were on farm status. SSC only lurker, TK only Voidreaver. Zul'Aman was organized plenty but, up till the very day of today I never really got to do Zul'Aman because open spots for ZA was immidiatly taken. First come, first serve was the motto. Also did Mount Hyjal up to Rage Winterchill with my latest and last guild on my old server, <Devotion>. That made me leave the server due to the rudeness that occurred. In WOTLK I have pugged and led successful all the TBC raids: MH/TK/SSC/BT and even Sunwell Plateau (yes legendary bow dropped). Also done plenty of WOTLK heroics and a few Naxx 10 & 25 (no full clears yet), VoA 10 & 25 and OS 10.

Is your connection stable? Is your PC able to handle 25man raids? - I have not yet encountered problems in that direction.

What have you done to find out more about your character's role in raids? How do you usually perform your role? Why do you do it like you do? - I've been a healer for over 3.5 years and I've decided to become a tank after having enough of healing. I've read many guides and have had lots of practice in heroics and raids.

Anything you'd like to say about yourself? - For a living I'm a financial adviser in retirement insurances. In my spare time I draw and create computer graphics. Watching anime is a well known hobby for me, alongside with collecting import goodies from Japan. In weekends I have my Japanese course and give teachings to 2 students. I like friendly and social people.

The only opponent you have to fight...

...is nothing else but your own image.''

Last edited by Gìlgamesh on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Gìlgamesh

Back to top Go down

Protection Paladin Empty Re: Protection Paladin

Post  Lockis Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm

I did a pug with Gìlgamesh the other day. We only killed trash but I liked what I saw on that little part.

He seems to be a good player and he was excited to learn to tank the first boss in Naxx 10man.

Cheers
Lockis/ Jinxer

Lockis
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tooku Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:54 am

Hi Gìlgamesh!

Thanks for your very good application! You have done the application every officer would like see. No short lines, good explenations and someone that puts a bit of effort in to the application!

I see no reasons to not give you a trail and I have to say I really looking forward to get to know you. As you seams like a good guy that likes playing game and have fun!

Today Thusdays we have a raid going on lead my Drozy as I will be unavailable if you have the time with this short notice I would like to offer you a trail. If you can be online 19:15 for a invite and first pull 19:30 and raid ends 23:00.

Cheers
Tooku Paladin Officer
Tooku
Tooku
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gìlgamesh Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am

Thank you Lockis and Tooku for your swift replies!

Unfortunately no matter how much I want to come for the trial I'm afraid I won't be available till next week Wednesday. (I had surgery last week Tuesday and I'm staying at my mothers place to rest and waiting till the stitches can be removed, unfortunately the computer there can ''barely'' handle WoW so I'm M.I.A. until next week Wednesday).

After that I can fully devote myself to raiding and hopefully pass the trial and make new friends!

With kind regards,

Gil

Gìlgamesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Loth Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Ah... I grouped with ths guy the other day and found him a little arrogant and brash...I now know why. Shows that you shouldn't judge on first impressions. Was a competent tank and was not a jerk so I reckon he would be an asset

Loth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tooku Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Gìlgamesh

I would like to give you your trail thursday 16th April be online 19:15 for invite and first pull 19:30, raid ends 23:00

See you!

Tooku Paladin Officer
Tooku
Tooku
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tooku Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Gìlgamesh

Please get in touch with me in game to sort out a trail for you!

Cheers
Tooku
Tooku
Tooku
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gìlgamesh Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Tooku wrote:Hi Gìlgamesh

I would like to give you your trail thursday 16th April be online 19:15 for invite and first pull 19:30, raid ends 23:00

See you!

Tooku Paladin Officer

I'll be there thank you for your swift reply!

Thursday 16th April it is then!

Kind regards,

Gil

Gìlgamesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Gìlgamesh Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 pm

You can close this application, I've decided to not join R A R E raiding community.

Reason:

I've decided to not raid for a while and concentrating on other aspects of the game, pvp, professions, alts. I can't make the time or commitment to raid. The new patch made me decide this hence the late reaction.

My thoughts about R A R E remain unchanged, still think you are a great raiding community and Drozy, whom I met before is awesome.

You can close this application now, have a great week!

Kind regards,

Gilgamesh

Gìlgamesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down